Dairy Free Mug Bread
Keto dairy free cheesy herb mug bread is a delicious and filling low carb snack. Its hard doing dairy free keto sometimes but sometimes I really enjoy the challenge of making something out of what I have in my cupboards and making it work for my dietary needs. For this reason I created my dairy free mug bread recipe. I wanted to make a mug cake but I wanted to make it savory. There was a tub of yeast flakes in the back of my pantry and I remembered making a fake cheese out of it a long time ago.
Nutritional yeast is grown on molasses or wood pulp. Once the yeast is harvested it is washes then dried and that stops if from growing anymore. The nutritional yeast is then broken up into flakes and can be used to cook with. It is known for its nutty and cheesy flavor. I ordered my yeast flakes from Vitacost and I use it on dairy free pizzas. Sometime sprinkle Nutritional Yeast over my broccoli.
I used herbs de providence to season my bread. You can mix this recipe up by changing the seasonings to your liking. Rosemary or Italian seasonings would go well with this bread. You can take this bread a step further too by sauteing it in a skillet with some bacon grease or oil until crispy.
I love single person serving recipes because I am the only person in my household who is doing a strict ketogenic diet. When you use a pyrex dish to make this bread it spreads out and makes larger slices.
My favorite way to serve this Keto Dairy Free Cheesy Herb mug Bread is under avocados. Because who does not love some avocado toast now and then right? You don’t have to give up avocado toast just because you are not eating grains and sugars!
[amazon_link asins=’B00020HV1E,B002863BIW,B000F4Y2GY,B00016XJM4,B008YFWH3G,B00PJ3IPMI,B06Y1JPZ4F’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’omgketoyum-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’adb51cb1-3309-11e8-a1b5-fd835051e6c1′]
- 1 tbs coconut milk
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 1 tbs yeast flakes
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tbs coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp herbs de providence or rosemary
- First, melt the coconut oil in the microwave for 45 seconds. Tilt the mug around to get the melted oil around the sides of the mug.
- Next, add the coconut oil, egg and ACV, whisk with a fork until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Microwave for 90 seconds to 2 minutes depending on your microwave.
- Slide a butter knife around the edges of your bread and turn the mug upside down over a plate to remove the bread.
- Slice the bread and serve. Serve the bread as a sandwich or eat it alone for a delicious filling keto and paleo snack.
- Optional : sauté the bread slices in a bit of coconut oil or bacon grease for extra firmness.
[amazon_link asins=’B00AJRKITM,B0047TI6QK,B06XPLK8NX,B01M7M97K5,B000WRZX58′ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’omgketoyum-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=”]