Beef Back Ribs: Keto Style
Its all in the sauce
My go to BBQ sauce is Alterna-Sweets Smoky Barbeque sauce. Alterna Sweets make many different low carb sauces. I received the Spicy Ketchup, Classic Ketchup and Smoky Barbecue. I used the aforementioned BBQ sauce to cook my Beef Back Ribs Keto style.
After receiving my shipment I immediately tried the sauces and fell in love. For starters I used the spicy ketchup to make my Chinese Ketchup Chicken.
Every two tablespoons of this erythritol and stevia sweetened sauce holds only 4 carbohydrates. Two tablespoons is certainty plenty of sauce.
For this reason Alterna Sweets BBQ sauce is my favorite since I eat a Keto Diet. Some low carb sauces have a weird aftertaste but due to the two different sweeteners found in the sauce this sauce does not. For this recipe I used 4 tablespoons for 8 beef back spare ribs.
Cook Food Fast!
Due to the versatility found with an Electric Pressure Cooker it is a must have kitchen appliance . Pressure cookers cook meat fast and evenly.
For the reason that I like too cook large hunks of meat quickly, I use my pressure cooker weekly. I use mine to cook frozen chicken thighs, still frozen, in under an hour. I also make pot roasts and use it to steam vegetables.
When I read my first pressure cooker recipe I will admit it, I was terrified. The terrifying yet exciting memories of when my Grandmother would use her pressure cooker came back. For this reason Grandma would make sure all the grand kids were in the living room and we were not allowed in the kitchen when the pressure cooker was going. Even though the food was great, Pressure Cooking was scary in the 80s!
ITS NOT YOUR GRANDMOTHERS PRESSURE COOKER!
Fast forward to 2018 and we now have these awesome electric pressure cookers. There are many safety features and that is the reason why they do not blow up. Electric pressure cookers are so easy to use. The electric pressure cookers do not heat up your whole house like the oven so for that reason pressure cookers are great to use in the summer.
Perfect Pulled Pork
Perfect Pulled Pork can be achieved in your kitchen in about 90 minutes or less. Taste and speed are equally important and for this reason Pressure cooking is the way to go.
Beef Back Ribs: Keto Style
- 1 cup of Beef Bone Broth, Chicken Stock or water
- Half a rack or about 8 Beef Back Ribs
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 TBS Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 TBS of Alterna-Sweets Smoky Barbeque sauce
- 1 TBS Pink Himalayan Sea salt
- Electric Pressure Cooker
- Pressure Cooker Wire rack
- Wire baking rack
- Lined Baking Sheet
- Silicone BBQ brush
- First of all, pour the beef bone broth inside the pressure cooker pot. Next, add the balsamic vinegar and place the bay leaf inside the pressure cooker. If you do not have bone broth on hand use chicken stock or just salted water as a substitute. Water will work in the same way as bone froth in the pressure cooker.
- Next place the wire rack inside the pressure cooker. It is important to use a wire rack inside of the pressure cooker to raise the beef back ribs up because you do not want them to get soggy.
- Place the lid on your electric pressure cooker. Next set the time for 20 minutes. Your pressure cooker will first heat and steam a little. When it reaches the correct temperature the pressure cooker will make a beep and be sealed. Next the countdown will start.
- Cook in the pressure cooker until the timer goes off. Allow the beef back ribs to release pressure inside the pressure cooker naturally. For this reason if your pressure cooker has a “keep warm” setting turn it off.
- Once the pressure has released, take the beef back ribs out of the pressure cooker.
- Place the Beef back ribs on a wire rack on top of a lined cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle salt on top of the beef back ribs.
- “Paint” the barbecue sauce on top of the ribs covering the top completely.
- Next, broil the beef back ribs in the oven for about 5 minutes watching closely. You want the sauce to heat up and cling to the ribs and caramelize on top of the keto beef back ribs rather than burn.
- Once the Keto Beef Back ribs have cooled sufficiently, slice and serve.