Almond Cloud Cookies : Low Carb Almond Meringues
Have you ever had Meringue Cookies before? Almond Cloud Cookies have a light crunch on the outside and a fluffy meringue inside, that’s why I named them Almond Cloud Cookies.
These Meringue Cookies are basically zero carbs due to the fact that there is no sugar added. The Almond Cloud Cookies are Keto and Dairy free.
The Almond Cloud cookies are sweetened with a combination of Monkfruit and erythritol.
Both sugar alcohols have little to no effect on ones blood sugar.
Using Two Different Sweeteners to make Almond Cloud Meringue Cookies
As I have said before these Almond Cloud Cookies are created using two different types of sweetener.
I have recently discovered the sweet taste found in Monk fruit Extract.
Monk fruit is sweet and it does not have a bad aftertaste. I love using pure Monk Fruit in its powdered form because you only need a pinch to pack a huge punch.
Erythritol leaves a cooling effect in your mouth and it is for this reason why I use it sparingly.
By combining erythritol and monk fruit extract together the aftertaste almost disappears and creates a harmonious flavor combination in these Meringue Cookies.
Tips and Tricks for making the perfect low carb Meringue Cookies
Any residue of oil or old food will make creating your meringues difficult. It is very important to use a clean bowl for best results
When making any type of meringue old eggs are best. Personally I like to use egg whites from a carton that can be found in a carton because those seem to whip up stronger.
Unless you have arms of steel invest in a good hand mixer. A stand mixer is always useful however an inexpensive hand mixer will save you both time and money in this case.
Do not use cold eggs as the whites will not froth up enough to hold stiff peaks. If your eggs are cold place them in a small bowl with steaming hot water for about 5 minutes. This is a quick method to making eggs come to room temperature.
Do not skip the Cream of tartar! This stabilizes the air bubbles that you are taking so much time to whisk into the egg whites. Add a little more if you are having trouble bringing the egg whites to stiff peaks.
Monk Fruit Extract
Unlike other Sweeteners Monk Fruit has no weird aftertaste!
Do I need a stand mixer to make keto Meringue Cookies?
The answer here is no, you do not need a fancy stand mixer to make Meringue Cookies however it is quite nice.
I use a Hamilton Beach hand mixer that I picked up at Walmart for under $20.00 a few years ago and it has worked great since.
I have had my eyes on a fancy Stand Mixer as of late so someone tell my wife to get me one for Christmas this year.
A hand mixer with a whisk attachment is imperative when making Meringues or these Almond Cloud Cookies.
I have made meringue cookies using just a whisk and arm power before and it will work it just will take at least 45 minutes of whisking which can be exhausting.
Low Carb Almond Cloud Meringue Cookies. These cookies are light and dreamy with a hint of almond and of course sugar free!
- If you are using fresh eggs make sure that they are at room temperature. Place cold eggs in a small bowl with hot water until they are warmed up of you are low on time. Personally I use egg whites from a carton that can be purchased in the refrigerator section. Place a silpat or butcher paper over a cookie sheet and set the oven to pre-heat at 200 degrees.
- Place the egg whites in an extremely clean metal or glass bowl. Using a hand mixer equipped with a whisk attachment set on medium froth the egg whites until frothy. Add the almond extract slowly while continuing to mix. Add the Monk fruit and Erythritol and finally the cream of tartar all the while mixing. Turn the mixer up to high and continue mixing until stiff peaks form. You may need to add more cream of tartar if your peaks are not forming.
- Fill a large piling bag equipped with a large 2D tip and pipe swirls on to the silpat.
- Bake at 200 degrees for about 2 hours and then let them cool for another 3o minutes for best results. Store on the counter as they will get soggy in the cooler.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Monk Fruit: save 15% use Code: OMGKETO15
- KitchenAid KSM155GBRI 5-Qt. Artisan Design Series with Glass Bowl - Raspberry Ice
- NOW Foods Organic Confectioner's Erythritol Powder,1 Pound
- Simply Organic Almond Extract, Certified Organic, 4-Ounce Container
- Wilton 402-2004 No. 2D Large Drop Flower Piping Tip
- Wilton 404-304 Professsional Decorating Bag, 16-Inch
- Hamilton Beach 62620 6-Speed Snap on Case Hand Mixer, Black
- Silpat Premium Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat, Half Sheet Size, 11-5/8" x 16-1/2"
- Fox Run 7327 Brands 2.75-Quart Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl
Amount Per Serving Calories 2 Carbohydrates 0g Protein .5g