Easy Strawberry Shortcake Mug Cake
This easy Strawberry Shortcake recipe is not only low carb but also dairy free and delicious. This easy keto recipe comes together in minutes combining these three components: vanilla pound cake, strawberries, and whipped cream. The traditional version of Strawberry shortcake can take a long time to cook the pound cakes and use an oven. This dessert is perfect for summer because you make it in the microwave without heating the kitchen in the process. Keep reading for the low carb Easy Strawberry Shortcake mug cake recipe because you’re going to love it!
Easy Low Carb Strawberry Shortcake made in a mug
Mug cakes are so easy to make and so satisfying to boot. I love a good keto mug cake after work because they are so simple to make. Your going to need a good mug, a microwave and a few simple ingredients to make this easy mugcake Shortcake recipe.
Strawberries are great for Low Carb Diets
Yes, Strawberries can be enjoyed while eating a keto diet.
Strawberries are low carb but they do contain carbs. Like any other food when eaten in moderation they can enjoyed as a part of the keto diet.
For every 100g of Strawberries there are 7.68 carbs and 2 fiber which makes 5.68 carbs. This recipe only contains 50g of strawberries, only 2.8 carbs. (Source: USDA)
No, but fresh is best. Frozen Strawberries can be used in this recipe just be careful when reading the label to make sure that there is no sugar added
The Best Low Carb Protein Powders
I have tried many low carb protein powders. Some of them I like and some of them have a bunch of carbs and do not work for me. For this Keto Strawberry Shortcake Mug Cake I used Isopure Vanilla Flavor. You can use any protein powder for this recipe and change the flavor of the cake. I used Kiss my Keto Birthday Cake protein powder making my Birthday Cake Mug Cake and it turned out amazing. (Use coupon code OMGKETO10 to save 10% off storewide).
Low Carb Strawberry Shortcake for one
One of the best things about this Easy Strawberry Shortcake recipe is it is for one person. Although it will be easy to make another for your spouse when they’re drooling over yours this recipe is for one.
- 2 Tbs Coconut Flour
- 16 g Isopure Vanilla Protein Powder
- 2 Tbs Lakanto Brown Sugar Monkfruit (OMGKETO15 = 15% discount)
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 3 Tbs Almond Milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Dairy Free Whipped Topping Almond
- 50 g strawberries
- Slice the strawberries into little bite sized pieces.
- Grease a microwave safe coffee mug with a healthy oil such as coconut oil or avocado oil.
- Mix the dry ingredients first and then add the wet to the dry. Stir until combined and then add to the mug. Microwave the mug for about 90 seconds, if the top of the cake looks like it is not finished try another 30 seconds or so until done. Place a plate on top of the mug and flip the mug over upside down so that the cake flips on to the plate.
- Slice the cake into three parts and assemble the Strawberry shortcake as follows: Cake, Cream and berries, cake, cream and berries and then top it off with more cream and berries. Enjoy your awesome easy low carb Strawberry Shortcake mug cake.
- Monk Fruit: Best Sugar Substitute for Keto
- Anthony's Organic Coconut Flour (4lb), Batch Tested Gluten-Free, Non-GMO & Vegan
- Keto AF Coffee Mug - Funny Ketogenic Diet Mug Low Carb High Fat
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 247 Total Fat 15g Carbohydrates 6.5g Protein 21g
Pavlova with Lemon Curd
Sugar Free Pavlova with Lemon Curd with Fresh Berries. Try this delicous desert this holiday season.
Low Carb Cakes
For more Low Carb Cakes look no further!
Keto Birthday Cake: Grain Free, Sugar Free, Dairy Free
Keto Key Lime Cupcakes
Delicious Keto Key Lime Cupcakes! This recipe makes 12 cupcakes or one cake. If you are going to make a cake instead of cupcakes use a 7 inch spring form pan.