Chocolate Mint Fat Bombs
These Mint Chocolate fat bombs are a match made in low carb heaven and it is for this reason why I wanted to make these fat bombs in the first place. These Mint Chocolate Fat Bombs have a chocolate crunch on the outside while maintaining a soft mint inside.
When I think of Chocolate Mint I think of the classic Andes Mints. As a child I loved staying in a fancy hotel due to the Mint Chocolate on the pillow. I have two siblings and for this reason always got to the room first because I wanted the candy. I’m grown now so I can make a batch of Mint Chocolate Fat Bombs and there is enough to share. Make a batch for yourself to share or not. Remember, just like I keep saying to you guys, your awesome and you deserve all the nice things!
The weather can affect how the Mint Chocolate Fat Bombs turn out
When I made these Mint Chocolate Fat Bombs it was 25° Fahrenheit out. This may seem cold to some however 25 above is considered a relatively warm winters day in North Dakota. Cold weather worked to my advantage when I made these bombs because I used my side porch as a walk-in freezer.
First I placed the fat bomb candy mold on a cutting board and then poured the chocolate inside. When everything was finished I carried the cutting board directly out on to my enclosed side porch to chill. It’s times like this when it is convenient to live in the frigid north!
If you’re not fortunate to live in a cold climate, place these mint fat bombs in the freezer. It is important to store the fat bombs in the freezer or refrigerator unless it is cold in your house.
Keeping Mint Chocolate Fat Bombs low carb
In order to create the mint layer for the mint chocolate fat bombs I had to play around with the flavors. This Mint Chocolate Fat Bombs recipe uses a combination of coconut butter, mint extract, stevia, erythritol and coconut milk in order to have a delicious minty center. I suggest adjusting the sweetener and mint extract to your tastes because we all have different tastes and no one knows what you love more than yourself.
Mint Chocolate Fat Bombs
- Melt the 100% bakers chocolate and the coconut oil in the microwave. Start with 30 second intervals stir in between. As the chocolate mixture melts, switch to 10 second intervals until the chocolate is melted.
- In a bowl mix two tablespoons of coconut butter, 2/3 tsp mint extract, 1 tbs coconut milk and 2-3 drops of liquid stevia with a spoon. If the mixture is too solid heat it in the microwave for 10 second intervals. Add erythritol to taste. I used about 1.5 tbs of erythritol.
- Pour half of the chocolate mixture into the candy mold, reserve for later.
- With a tiny spoon, place about a 1/2 teaspoon of the mint layer into each candy mold. Pour the remaining chocolate over the mint layer. Chill in the freezer for 1-2 hours or until set. Store in the freezer. Take the chocolate peppermint fat bombs out of the freezer about 2-5 minutes before consuming.Chill in the freezer for 1-2 hours or until set. Store in the freezer. Take the chocolate peppermint fat bombs out of the freezer about 2-5 minutes before consuming.
These will keep well in the freezer however if you want them a bit softer store a few in the refrigerator. The Mint Chocolate Fat Bombs in the refrigerator will be ready to go whenever you want to have a treat.
- Always Your Chef 2 Pack 6-Cavity Mini Silicone Candy Molds & Chocolates Molds & Ice Cube Trays, Rabbits Shaped, Random Color
- Baker's, Unsweetened Chocolate, 4 oz
- Pyrex 3-Piece Glass Measuring Cup Set (1118990)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 47 Total Fat 4.5g Carbohydrates .4g Protein .4g
More Mint Chocolate Low Carb Recipes
This creamy and delicious Shamrock Shake recipe copycat is just like the McDonalds version except it is dairy and sugar free. This is perfect for ketogenic dieters.
Mint Chocolate Cupcakes
Mint Chocolate Cupcakes that are low carb and dairy free. Make these amazing cupcakes to celebrate St. Patrick's day or any other day you want a low carb treat.
Mint Chocolate Fat Bombs
Mint Chocolate Fat Bombs are a low carb treat with a classic flavor profile.
Keto Mint Chocolate Cookies
Just like thin mints but soft and super low carb.