Shamrock Shake recipe: Dairy free, Sugar Free, Vegan Milkshake
This Shamrock Shake recipe is not only sugar free but also dairy free. This sugar free milkshake is packed with fats as a result of the MCT oil, coconut milk and avocado. Although the milkshake is green there is no food coloring needed to attain the cool green color. This Shamrock Shake Recipe is packed with avocados not only for their creamy texture but also for the green color.
When I was a teenager I loved going to McDonalds after school in March to get fries a Shamrock Shake. Minty and green and so very full of sugar, childhood sure was great right?
Shamrock Shake Copycat Recipe
The original Shamrock Shake from Mcdonalds is not suitable for low carb diets clocking in with 74 carbs for the smallest serving. Of course when trying to keep to a keto diet 74 carbs in a milkshake is not ok. Make the Keto Shamrock Shake Recipe instead because you love your body and it deserves nice things.
This Shamrock Shake recipe contains only 4.5 carbohydrates and 36 grams of fat and thus is the embodiment of LCHF. I added in a Tablespoon of MCT oil to make this drink extra rich however it is totally optional.
This dairy free milk shake recipe tastes like a creamy minty piece of sugar free heaven.
No, when you add Avocados to desserts like this one they are barely detectable. The Avocado helps make this shake creamy and lends its color to the Shamrock Shake without using any food coloring.
I have had this shake both way’s and prefer it without. If you want it colder and bigger add ice otherwise just stick to the recipe. You can always add more coconut milk to thin it out if you need to.
It depends on your diet. I eat a Ketogenic diet and my body loves to burn fat as fuel. MCT oil is a tasteless fat that is easily burned as fuel for instant energy. If 36g of fat seems like too much to you then leave out the MCT oil.
Why you should be eating more Avocado
Medical News Today
Avocados are a great source of vitamins C, E, K, and B-6, as well as riboflavin, niacin, folate, pantothenic acid, magnesium, and potassium. They also provide lutein, beta-carotene, and omega-3 fatty acids.
Avocados are perfect for a keto diet because of what they contain. 40g of avocado or in other words about half a medium avocado clocks in at 64 calories, 6g fat, 3.5g Carbohydrate and about 3g of fiber. (.5 net carbs!)
Add Mct Oil to your Vegan Milkshake
This Shamrock Shake is not only low carb but vegan to boot. Add some MCT oil to fatten up your drink in order to make it even more satisfying. Kiss my Keto is my favorite MCT oil because it comes with an easy pump. The readers of Omg Keto Yum receive 10% off Kiss My Keto MCT oil when you use the coupon code OMGKETO10 . Kiss my Keto makes more than just MCT oil, they have a full line of snacks and supplements as well.
Read my Kiss my Keto review here.
This creamy and delicious Shamrock Shake recipe copycat is just like the McDonalds version except it is dairy and sugar free. This is perfect for ketogenic dieters.
- 1 medium Avocado (About 70g)
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Tsp Mint Extract
- Pinch of salt (Optional)
- 60ml Full Fat Coconut Milk
- 1 TBS Mct Oil (optional)
- 25 Drops of Stevia
- 1 cup of Ice (Optional)
- 1 sprinkle of Sugar Free Sprinkles (Optional)
- 2 TBS Full Fat Chilled Coconut Milk (Optional)
- Chill the coconut milk in the refrigerator for several hours, flip the can over and punch two holes on the bottom of the can (which is now upright). Pour off the coconut water from the top of the can and scoop out the thickened coconut milk.
- Combine all of the ingredients to your magic bullet and blend for 30 seconds or until blended. Taste your milkshake and add more stevia or mint to your tastes. If you want to add Ice at this time you can. The Ice will mellow out the shake and make it a larger serving without compromising any nutrition. I prefer it without the Ice.
- Loosen the lid of the magic bullet cup just a bit and then place the container with the shake inside of the freezer for 30-40 minutes. The MCT oil should prevent the shake from freezing fully. Serve in a chilled glass or eat out of the magic bullet container using a spoon and wide straw.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 342 Total Fat 36g Carbohydrates 4.5g Protein 2.6g
Let me know what you think about this recipe by commenting below. Share with your friends on social media and have a great day!