Keto Turkey Meatloaf : its whats for dinner!
There is nothing like putting together a quick Keto Turkey meatloaf and serving it up to your hungry family.
This recipe for Turkey Meatloaf is inspired by a post I saw on reddit. If you read the article you will see why I thought it was fitting to keto this meat loaf up and post it for the entire world to see.
My family loves ground turkey burgers, meatballs and tacos so naturally, I decided to try turkey for this keto meatloaf.
I love a good meatloaf and this keto turkey recipe really hits the spot.
Fast facts on turkey
- Dark turkey meat usually has more vitamins than light meat. Dark turkey meat also contains more fat than light meat which is better for us keto people in the long run.
- Make sure to cook all turkey meat until it has an internal temperature of 165º Fahrenheit.
- Pasture-raised turkeys are better for you due to them containing more omega 3 than factory farmed turkeys.
- Most of the fat content in turkeys is in the skin. This is why the crispy turkey skin is the best part in my keto opinion.
The easiest keto “dump” meatloaf recipe
This Turkey Meatloaf is a “dump” recipe. You just dump all of the ingredients together in a bowl, press into a bread loaf pan, bake and feed your family.
I love making quick and easy keto meals like this Meatloaf on a weeknight or when I just need something quick to make.
3.26 g of fat
0 g of carbohydrate
24.70 g of protein
Turkey is very high in protein and when you eat protein it fills you up. When you eat a lot of protein it will help to increase the feeling of satiety. This helps keep you from overeating and you will feel fuller longer.
Getting enough protein helps maintain lean muscle mass and keep insulin levels stable after meals. Protein is, however, the one nutrient that most meat-eaters are already getting in sufficient amounts. (Source)
Keto Turkey Meatloaf
Make this delicious Keto Turkey Meatloaf! Low carb supper made easy with this quick recipe. Dump, bake and serve!
- 2 lbs Ground Turkey
- 1 TBS Sugar Free Ketchup
- 1 TBS Sugar Free Barbeque Sauce
- 1 TBS Steak Sauce
- 1 packet of ranch mix
- 1 Egg
- 1 TBS Brown Mustard
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Grease a bread loaf and set aside.
- Combine the turkey breast, egg, sauces and ranch packet together in a medium sized bowl.
- Press the mixture into the loaf pan and bake in the oven for 90 minutes.
- Let the meatloaf chill for 10 minute before serving.
If you do not have steak sauce handy feel free to sub in some coconut aminos and a pinch of cayenne pepper.
If you prefer a meatloaf with a ketchup topping feel free but just adjust the macros accordingly.
Serving Size1 slice
Amount Per Serving Calories 140Total Fat 7.7gNet Carbohydrates 1.8gProtein 14.5g
Keto Side Dishes
Grab a side to go with this awesome Keto Turkey Meatloaf
Mashed Cauliflower is a great low carb alternative to mashed potatoes. You will never know the difference with this creamy low carb favorite.