Do you ever miss potatoes? They’re so ingrained into the standard American diet and so hard to quit. Potatoes are delicious and filled with carbohydrates which hurt my body so I broke up with them and I am considering a restraining order.
This may sound crazy but have you tried radishes yet? I have had them raw on salads before but roasted radishes are a lot like potatoes without the high carb count.
Health Benefits of Radishes
Radishes contain a good amount of fiber, riboflavin, potassium, copper, vitamin B6, magnesium, manganese, and calcium. For a 1 oz serving radishes are 6 calories, 0 fat, .7 carbohydrates and 0 protein.
This is a low carb root vegetable that you should give a try.
Radishes absorb flavors just like potatoes. They’re great roasted with a bit of salt and pepper or some fresh herbs. This side dish pairs well with anything. I paired my roasted radishes tonight with a sirloin steak. Try my roasted radishes alongside my roasted chicken or alone tonight.
Two bunches of radishes
20 ml olive oil
2-3 pinches Himalayan sea salt
Pinch of Pepper
Fresh or dried basil
Pinch of Onion powder.
14 ml red wine vinegar
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
Wash, remove stems and quarter the radishes.
Toss the radishes with olive oil, salt, pepper and onion powder.
Place the seasoned radishes on a pan. I use a metal pie pan. A sheet pan with raised sides will do.
Roast for about 25-30 minutes until the radishes are browned. You can even go up to 45 minutes if you like them crispier.
Toss with dried or fresh basil and red wine vinegar
- Two bunches of radishes
- 20 ml olive oil
- 2-3 pinches Himalayan sea salt
- Pinch of Pepper
- Fresh or dried basil
- Pinch of Onion powder.
- 14 ml red wine vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash, remove stems and quarter the radishes.
- Toss the radishes with olive oil, salt, pepper and onion powder.
- Place the seasoned radishes on a pan. I use a metal pie pan. A sheet pan with raised sides will do.
- Roast for about 25-30 minutes until the radishes are browned. You can even go up to 45 minutes if you like them crispier.
- Toss with dried or fresh basil and red wine vinegar
Roasted Radishes (Keto potatoes)
|Amount Per Serving 2 oz|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 5.2||8%|
|Total Carbohydrate 1||0.3%|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Omg Keto Yum