This easy Mashed Cauliflower recipe is creamy and delicous and therefore it should be in your weekly meal rotation. This Mash tastes almost like traditional mashed potatoes with an extremely lower carb count due to the healthy ingredients. This recipe is perfect for everyone and certainly those on low carb keto or paleo diets.
The best thing about this recipe is the low carb gravy that is packed with flavor. When made as a side dish with a pot roast this Cauliflower mash with low carb gravy will win at dinnertime. Its easy to keep it keto when you have a great recipe like this in your back pocket.
Mashed Cauliflower and Gravy
Everyone loves the gravy, especially if it is a low carb gravy. I serve my low carb gravy on top of mashed cauliflower or anything I want my daughter to eat due to the over the top unami it contains. Mashed potatoes and gravy have been staples in the American diet for years because they are so versatile as a side dish. Just because you are eating a low carb diet does not mean that you need to miss out on this delicous side dish.
Mashed Cauliflower FAQ
The first time I had cauliflower mash I could not even tell the difference because it was prepared so perfectly. Mashed potatoes act as a blank slate for you to build on and similarly the cauliflower is a blank slate as well.
Yes! Mashed Cauliflower reheats perfectly it is for this reason why I love to meal prep this for the upcoming week. Just microwave for about 30 seconds and you have got yourself a tasty side of cauliflower mashed potatoes!
Yes! Cauliflower has significantly less carbs than potatoes. 100g of potatoes equals 17 carbohydrates where 100g of cauliflower only contains 5 carbs. For more on Cauliflower nutrition see this article from Healthline.
Special Equipment needed to make Mashed Cauliflower.
- Immersion Blender
- Tall Narrow Bowl or wide mouthed jar
- Food Storage Container
- Pressure Cooker
- Pressure Cooker Steamer Basket
Mashed Cauliflower is a great low carb alternative to mashed potatoes. You will never know the difference with this creamy low carb favorite.
- Becky Craigo
- 1 TBS Butter flavored coconut oil or butter.
- 1/4 tsp Onion powder
- 1/2 to 1 Tsp Salt to taste
- 3 oz Carrots
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Cup Beef Broth from my Pressure Cooker Pot Roast plus the mushrooms strained from the broth.
- Using a steamer basket, steam the carrots inside a pressure cooker using 1 cup of broth from the pressure cooker pot roast for 4 minutes using a manual release. If you did not make the pot roast instead use one cup of beef broth, 1/2 tsp liquid aminos and 1/4 tsp red boat fish sauce.
- Meanwhile, microwave the frozen cauliflower for about 5 minutes. If you are using a fresh cauliflower, cut out the stem and then chop finely. Steam the Fresh Cauliflower.
- Place the soft cooked cauliflower inside of a narrow bowl or large mouthed jar. I like to recycle an old large yogurt container for this step. Add the coconut oil or butter and seasonings. Using an immersion blender, blend the cauliflower until it is creamy and smooth. Salt to taste.
- When the pressure cooker is done steaming the carrots turn off the pressure cooker using the manual release method. Using an immersion blender, blend everything together, directly inside of the pressure cooker until creamy. This will take about 5 minutes to blend. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve on top of EVERYTHING!
Two TBS of low carb gravy:
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size85 g
Amount Per ServingCalories 48 Total Fat 2.8g Carbohydrates 3g Protein 1g