I was inspired to create Keto Coleslaw after having some similar on the Oregon coast. It was a simple coleslaw with cilantro and vinegar. I am pretty sure there was some sugar in the dressing. It was so good paired with my Dungeneous Crab. I loved how light and crisp the coleslaw was even if it was not exactly low carb with the added sugar. For this recipe I used liquid Stevia and apple cider vinegar with a pinch of ground mustard seed instead of the usual sugar and mayo route.
Leave the Mayo out
I am sorry but I have never liked coleslaw with mayonnaise, it always tastes to me like it is about to go bad. If you like it with mayo you do you. I am going to make keto coleslaw without the mayo becasue its so dang good! Since there is no dairy or mayo included in Keto Coleslaw, you can take it to a potluck, picnic or barbecue without worries of spoilage.
Pair it with another delicious Keto low carb main dish!
Keto Goulash Recipe (low carb, gluten free, keto friendly!)
Check out this awesome Keto Goulash recipe from Easy Keto Dishes.
Kalua Chicken: Keto and Paleo using a Pressure CookerContinue Reading
Chicken Drumsticks - Keto, paleo and under an hourContinue Reading
Keto Coleslaw – Dairy Free and Sugar Free
- 1 TBS Lite tasting Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 30 drops of liquid Stevia (I love this brand)
- Pinch of powdered mustard seed
- 1 bag of Cole Slaw mix
- 1 cup of fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp Coconut Aminos
- Pour the Coleslaw mix into a medium sized bowl.
- Roughly chop the cilantro into small ish pieces. Don’t leave the stems out, they hold so much flavor!
- Whisk the olive oil, coconut aminos, stevia, salt, pepper, and ground mustard seed together in a small bowl with a fork.
- Toss the coleslaw with the liquid, taste and add more salt if you want it.
- Chill for at least 15 minutes in the refrigerator and serve.