I was inspired to create Keto Coleslaw after having some similar on the Oregon coast. It was a simple coleslaw with cilantro and vinegar. I am pretty sure there was some sugar in the dressing. It was so good paired with my Dungeneous Crab. I loved how light and crisp the coleslaw was even if it was not exactly low carb with the added sugar. For this recipe I used liquid Stevia and apple cider vinegar with a pinch of ground mustard seed instead of the usual sugar and mayo route.
Leave the Mayo out
I am sorry but I have never liked coleslaw with mayonnaise, it always tastes to me like it is about to go bad. If you like it with mayo you do you. I am going to make keto coleslaw without the mayo becasue its so dang good! Since there is no dairy or mayo included in Keto Coleslaw, you can take it to a potluck, picnic or barbecue without worries of spoilage.
Pair it with another delicious Keto low carb main dish!
Keto Coleslaw – Dairy Free and Sugar Free
- 1 TBS Lite tasting Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 30 drops of liquid Stevia (I love this brand)
- Pinch of powdered mustard seed
- 1 bag of Cole Slaw mix
- 1 cup of fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp Coconut Aminos
- Pour the Coleslaw mix into a medium sized bowl.
- Roughly chop the cilantro into small ish pieces. Don’t leave the stems out, they hold so much flavor!
- Whisk the olive oil, coconut aminos, stevia, salt, pepper, and ground mustard seed together in a small bowl with a fork.
- Toss the coleslaw with the liquid, taste and add more salt if you want it.
- Chill for at least 15 minutes in the refrigerator and serve.