Keto Panna Cotta
Dairy Free, Sugar Free Keto Panna Cotta? I got you. First of all, Its always dairy free keto over here at Omg Keto Yum. Consequently, Coconuts are a great substitute for dairy therefore I have utilized them in this delicious Keto Panna Cotta recipe. I have Found that Coconuts perform almost identically to dairy in most recipes.
Adjust your Sweet and Sour
Adjust your stevia to lime juice ratio as you cook. Above all other tips, this is my number one hint for cooking, taste, taste taste. You need to taste everything because the flavors will deepen as the keto panna cotta cools in the refrigerator. As a result of the flavors melding you can go lighter on the stevia.
Low Carb Deserts
If Strawberry Key Lime Panna Cotta does not float your boat check out a few of my favorites from the Omg Keto Yum vault.
Strawberry Key Lime Panna Cotta – Dairy Free Keto
- 144 g or about 1 cup of chopped strawberries
- 1 TBS Chia Seeds
- 20-30 drops of liquid Stevia (I use this one)
- 1 tsp Swerve
- 1 TBS water
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 packet of unflavored gelatin or about 1 and 1/2 teaspoon ( I use this one)
- 20 drops of liquid stevia
- 10 drops vanilla liquid stevia (I LOVE this one)
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 5 TBS shredded Coconut
- Firstly, wash and chop the strawberries and then add them to a small pot over medium heat.
- Next, sprinkle a pinch of salt over the berries and stir.
- Let the berries simmer for a few minutes until they start to give off a little liquid.
- Next, Add the water stevia and bring everything to a boil.
- Similarly add the chia seeds to the pot, turn the heat down to a simmer stirring simultaneously.
- Simmer for 3 minutes or so stirring occasionally.
- Spoon into your panna cotta dishes. I use wine and martini glasses because they are so pretty. Let the jam cool in the dishes for a few minutes and then transfer to the refrigerator.
- In a small bowl, mix lime juice, stevia and gelatin together. Let it “Bloom” for about 5 minutes.
- Add a can of coconut milk to a small pot over medium heat. Do not boil. When you see a bit of steam coming off of the coconut milk, remove the pot from the heat.
- Whisk the gelatin and lime mixture into the hot coconut milk until disolved. Taste and adjust the ratio of lime juice to stevia.
- Sprinkle Shredded Coconut on top of the jam layer as shown above.
- Pour the Keto Panna Cotta layer over the coconut and jam layer.
- Finally, chill the dishes for at least 3 hours.