Pecan Fudge Fat Bombs
Over at Omg Keto Yum we have been obsessed with Pecans lately. Last week I made a delicious Pecan Butter. After making (and devouring) the pecan butter from last week I decided to create Keto Pecan Fudge Fat Bombs. Now these fat bombs are amazing. Make a double batch because they are going to go fast!
Pecan Fudge Fat Bombs why?
The first thing to remember when you are eating a keto diet is fat is fuel. From time to time you will need an energy pick me up. With this in mind I love to make fat bombs. I perfer to make fat bombs that are not only packed with healthy fats but also packed with good excellent nutrition.
Why you should be eating more Pecans
1 oz of Pecans clock in at 1 carb, 20 fat and 3 protein! That is 92% fat! Pecans are good for you because pecans are full of healthy monounsaturated fats and contain very few saturated fats. These fat packed nuts are a great source of oleic acid. This fatty acid has been shown to reduce inflammation, improve immune system functioning, and potentially reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease. With this in mind pecans make an extraordinary keto snack.
Why you should eat more Coconut Butter
- It’s rich in lauric acid, which boosts immunity and destroys harmful bacteria, viruses, and funguses.
- It actually boosts your metabolism, which aids in weight loss and increases energy levels.
- It’s packed with healthy fats, so you feel full longer.
- It’s full of essential amino acids, calcium, and magnesium.
- Basically, coconut butter is just plain awesome. (source)
Pecan Fudge Fat Bombs are a great Low carb snack
Pecans are a very low carb snack and for this reason they are great in fat bombs. Pecans are the main ingredient in Keto Pecan Fudge Fat Bombs the carbs are extremely low. If you for some strange reason do not like these Pecan Fudge Fat Bombs, check out a few others from the Omg Keto Yum Vault: Keto No Bake Cookie Bites are an amazing snack and packed with nutrition from the hemp hearts. Check these Chocolate Orange Almond Fat Bombs or for something completely different check out this Butterscotch Blondie Jiggler Fat Bomb. The Butter together Kitchen made these Sugar Free Pecan Pralines and they look amazing!.
Pecan Fudge Fat Bombs
- 1 TBS Erythritol
- 4 TBS Coconut Butter
- 4 TBS Coconut Oil
- 120g (about 8 TBS) Pecan Butter
- 20 Drops of Liquid Stevia
- Two pinches of salt
- 20 (about 28g) Pecan Halves
- Coconut Oil Spray
- First make make your Pecan Butter. This is a super simple recipe and it will take you about 3 minutes from start to finish.
- Next melt the coconut butter and the coconut oil in a microwave safe container. Use 15 second bursts until it is melted completely.
- Combine in your food processor the melted oil, melted coconut butter, erythritol, salt and stevia.
- Next, blend until the fat bomb mixture combined well. Prepare your silicone mold by first by placing it on a tray or cutting board. Next spray the silicone mold with a non stick coconut oil cooking spray.
- Pour the Pecan Fudge Fat Bomb mixture into the silicone mold.
- Place one pecan half on top of each section of the silicone mold.
- Sprinkle a pinch of sea salt on top of each Pecan Fat Bomb.
- Place the Keto Pecan Fat Bombs in the freezer to set for one hour or longer. Store the fat bombs in the refrigerator.