Make Pecan Butter Paleo
Pecan butter can be made with or without the sweetners. If you want to make it Paleo leave out the sweeteners or replace them with a tbs of pure maple syrup.
Why you should be eating more Pecans
1 oz of Pecans clock in at 1 carb, 20 fat and 3 protein! That is 92% fat! Pecans are full of healthy monounsaturated fats and contain very few saturated fats. These fat packed nuts are a great source of oleic acid. This fatty acid has been shown to reduce inflammation, improve immune system functioning, and potentially reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease.
Pecans are delicious on their own. I love pecans raw and with a bit of salt however when turned into a delicious Pecan Butter it is out of this world! Keto Pecan Butter is delicious on its own or spread onto a piece of low carb bread. My favorite way to eat Pecan Butter is with a tiny spoon cold right from the bowl.
Keto Pecan Butter
- 100g or about 2 cups of Pecans (I order them here)
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 Tsp ground Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp maple extract
- 1/2 tbs swerve
- 12 drops of liquid stevia (This is my favorite)
- Add the pecans to a large food processor.
- grind the pecans on high for about 2 minutes. The pecans will break up then start to form a thick paste. It will look like butter in under 2 minutes.
- Add the pinch of salt and other ingredients to taste.
- Pulse until combined.
- Eat it right out of the food processor or refrigerate in a small airtight jar for up to a week.
- This recipe yeilds about 3/4 of a cup of delicious high fat low carb Pecan Butter.
More from Omg Keto Yum