Strawberry Muffins : An Amazing Low Carb Muffins recipe
When you make these Strawberry Muffins you will be in for a low carb treat. I made these muffins last Saturday for my family’s brunch. Every Sunday around my house we end up making
I highly recommend these low carb muffins because my non-keto wife gave these low carb muffins her seal of approval. Our 9-year-old daughter loved the muffin recipe so much that she asked me to make these Strawberry Muffins every Sunday. It is for this reason why I decided to post this simple low carb muffin recipe today.
Simple Ingredients make delicious Strawberry Muffins
Another great thing to note about this low carb muffin recipe is how simple the ingredients are. There are keto cupcake recipes that are delicious yet require too much work for brunch due to the frosting. These Strawberry Muffins have no frosting and therefore take only 40 minutes to make. A muffin is merely a naked cupcake after all.
Although the measurements should be as precise as possible there is a little bit of breathing room when making this low carb muffin recipe. I have included both the weighted and cups measurements in this recipe because it is very forgiving.
Why I choose to eat a low carb diet
I chose to eat a ketogenic diet above all to keep my autoimmune disease Rheumatoid Arthritis supresseed. I have found that eating too much sugar even when found in fruits can adversely affect my symptoms. This can include joint pain, fatigue and inflammation. When eaten in small doses I have discovered that Strawberries do not cause flare ups of my disease and for this I am grateful.
Strawberry Muffins and the Keto Diet
Yes! 100 Grams of Strawberries contain only about 6 net carbohydrates and 33 calories. It is for this reason why Strawberries are ideal for low carb diets. As long as you are paying attention to how many strawberries you are putting into this strawberry muffin recipe then you will be fine.
The answer here is yes as long as you pay attention to the carb counts and remember that fruit is natures candy and should be treated as such. When compared to other fruits such as bananas that contain about 20 carbs per 100 grams, strawberries are the logical choice.
Here are a few examples of lower carb fruits and berries.
Raspberries: Half a cup (60 grams) contains 3 grams of carbs.
Blackberries: Half a cup (70 grams) contains 4 grams of carbs.
Plum: One medium-sized (65 grams) contains 7 grams of carbs.
Blueberries: Half a cup (75 grams) contains 9 grams of carbs.
Unless you want to blow all your carbs in one
Banana (1 medium): 27 grams of carbs, 3 of which are fiber (9).
Raisins (1 oz / 28 grams): 22 grams of carbs, 1 of which is fiber (10).
Dates (2 large): 36 grams of carbs, 4 of which are fiber (11).
Mango (1 cup, sliced): 28 grams of carbs, 3 of which are fiber (12).
Pear (1 medium): 28 grams of carbs, 6 of which are fiber (13).
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Combine the melted coconut oil, erythritol, eggs, Vanilla, salt and maple extract together in side of a food processor. Pulse until combined fully.
- Add the almond flour and baking powder and pulse until combined and the batter is smooth. Slowly while still running the food processor pour the almond milk down the shoot into the batter. You might need to add more or less depending on the consistency of your almond flour. The batter should be like grainy play dough.
- Fold in the chopped strawberries and then spoon the strawberry muffin batter into each cupcake liner. Place the Strawberry Muffins in the oven for about 25-30 minutes. The cupcakes are done when you can insert a toothpick inside the center of a muffin and it comes out dry. Allow the Strawberry Muffins to cool for 15 minutes before serving.
These low carb muffins will keep for a few day's in an enclosed container on the counter or even longer in the refridgerator.
- Wilton Recipe Right Muffin Pan, 12-Cup Non-Stick Muffin Pan
- Meri Meri Pink Cupcake Kit
- Hamilton Beach (70730) Food Processor & Vegetable Chopper with Bowl Scraper, 10 Cup, Electric
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size1 Muffin
Amount Per Serving Calories 154 Total Fat 13.9g Carbohydrates 2.4g Protein 5.7g
Keto Birthday Cake: Grain Free, Sugar Free, Dairy Free
A sugar free take on the classic funfetti cake except this time its sugar free.
Birthday Mug Cake
The easiest birthday cake you will ever make!
Keto Key Lime Cupcakes
These decadent cupcakes will wow any crowd with the delicious key lime frosting and no food coloring!
Pumpkin Olive Oil Cake: Sugar, Grain, Coconut & Dairy Free Keto Cake
Olive oil cakes are rich and moist. This one is packed with fall flavors that your family is going to love.
Pavlova with Lemon Curd
Sugar Free Pavlova with Lemon Curd with Fresh Berries. Try this delicous desert this holiday season.
Mint Chocolate Cupcakes
Mint Chocolate Cupcakes that are low carb and dairy free. Make these amazing cupcakes to celebrate St. Patrick's day or any other day you want a low carb treat.
Keto Birthday Cake Cookies: Low Carb Protein cookies
Birthday cake cookies for the win! They look just like the classic birthday cakes I had from the box mix as a kid minus all that sugar.