Keto Pumpkin Spice Muffins
Keto Pumpkin Spice Muffins are what you need to make this fall.
These muffins are a perfect low carb breakfast or snack no matter what the season.
There is something about fall makes me crave pumpkin spice anything.
How to bake with Almond flour
The key to baking with almond flour is not skimp on the oil.
These muffins are moist and delicious just like a normal muffin should be because at heart they are actually mini olive oil cakes.
These Keto Pumpkin Spice Muffins were inspired by my Pumpkin Olive Oil cake.
I have had great success making low carb baked goods including cupcakes and cakes so I knew that this recipe would be a homerun.
Low Carb Baking with Pumpkin Spice
The main components of Pumpkin Spice are Cinnamon, Cloves, Allspice, Nutmeg, Ginger, Cinnamon.
What sweeteners to use when low carb baking
When you are doing low carb baking it can be tricky.
The hardest part is deciding which sweetner to use. My go to sweetener for baking is Golden Monk fruit Sweetener.
It is zero carb and has minimal impact on your blood sugar when used.
Golden Monk fruit sweetener has very little aftertaste and bakes up great.
I think that one of the reasons why the I love the Golden Monk fruit sweetener so much is it is a combination of Monk fruit and Erythritol. (Another great thing about Golden Monk Fruit is you can use my coupon OMGKETO15 to save 15% off sitewide!)
Another great low carb sweetener is Erythritol.
Erythritol bakes up great in pies and cakes however it does have a “cooling” mouth feel that some people do not like.
I have found that you do get used to the cooling mouth feel.
Stevia is great in a lot of things however I have found that when added to low carb baked goods sometimes it can have a bitter aftertaste.
When I bake with Stevia I am always careful to add another low carb sweetener to the batter.
The combination of two sweeteners seem to offset each other and kill the after taste.
Keto Pumpkin Spice Muffins are perfect for fall season. Make the best Low Carb Pumpkin Spice Muffins for fall.
- 2 cups (about 200g) Blanched Almond Flour
- 3/4 cup Golden Monkfruit Extract (Use Code OMGKETO15 save 15%)
- 1/2 Cup Light Tasting Olive Oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 TBS Vanilla Extract
- 2 TBS Pumpkin Spice
- 3/4 cup pumpkin purée
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Place cupcake liners in the cupcake tin.
- Mix the wet ingredients together in a bowl using an electric hand mixer.
- Mix the dry ingredients with the wet until well combined.
- Fill the cupcake liners up 3/4 of the way or just over halfway. Bake in the oven at 350 degree for 25-28 minutes or until the middle does not jiggle and a toothpick comes out clean from the center. Allow the muffins to coll before tasting. These muffins taste best once they are cooled.
- Melt the coconut oil in a small bowl using a microwave. This takes about 30 seconds.
- Add the flavorings and powdered monk fruit. Add enough to make a frosting type of paste. Add more if desired. If your frosting does not thicken try cooling it off in the freezer for a few minutes.
- Put the frosting in a ziplock bag and cut the tip. Drizzle the frosting on top of the muffins. Make sure that the muffins are cooled or the frosting will melt all over the muffins.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Pastry Bag -50 Pack-16-Inch Extra Thick Large Cake/Cupcake Decorating Bags-Disposable Icing Piping Bags Set
- Anthony's Organic Coconut Flour (4lb), Batch Tested Gluten-Free, Non-GMO & Vegan
- Monk Fruit: Best Sugar Substitute for Keto
- Watkins Original Gourmet Baking Vanilla Extract, with Pure Vanilla Extract, 11 Ounce (Packaging may vary)
- Golden Monkfruit 1:1 Sugar Substitute
- Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil with Butter Flavor from non-GMO, Steam Refined, Sustainably Farmed Coconuts, 14-ounce (Pack of 2)
- Libby's Pumpkin, Canned Puree and Pie Filling, 100% Pure Pumpkin, Gluten Free, 106 oz Can Bulk
- Hamilton Beach 6-Speed Electric Hand Mixer with Snap-On Storage Case, Wire Beaters, Whisk and Bowl Rest (62682RZ), 250W, White
Amount Per Serving Calories 160Total Fat 15gNet Carbohydrates 2.2gProtein 4.1g