Strawberry Lemonade Cake: Dairy Free Low Carb Cake
This low carb Strawberry Lemonade Cake just gives off those summer vibes like no other because it is a perfect pairing. Eating a low carb diet does not mean a boring desserts with a good low carb cake recipe like this one. This cake is dairy free, sugar free, coconut free slice of summer. This cake is perfect for a summer barbeque because your non low carb friends will never tell the difference.
The cake is flavored using Lemon Essential Oils and Golden Monk fruit Sweetener. In order to keep this cake low carb and dairy free I created a frosting using snow cap lard and sweetened it with fresh strawberries and powdered Swerve Sweetener.
Olive Oil Strawberry Lemonade Cake
I love a good Olive Oil Cake. I started making keto Olive Oil cakes when a few friends who eat keto asked for a dessert without coconut. My friends are allergic to Coconut and it is extremely hard to find good low-carb desserts without it. I love a good challenge however making a low carb cake without coconut oil was not that hard at all.
I do have a few other delicious Low Carb Olive Oil Cake recipes under my belt. My favorite olive oil cake so far is the Orange Cardamom Olive Oil cake that I posted last week. For something with a little fall spirit check out this Pumpkin Olive Oil Cake, you will not be dissapointed!
Using Essential Oils in a Low Carb Baking
I love to use essential oils in recipes whenever possible. When I added lemon juice to the cake during recipe trials I had to add a lot more sweetener in order to make the cake sweet. It is for this reason why I chose to use Lemon Essential Oil to flavor this cake.
Yes! Essential oils add flavor without the junk and is a great healthy alternative to flavoring extracts.
A few health benefits from using Lemon Essential Oils include reducing nausea, improves digestion, and it may promote weight loss. (Source: Dr. Axe)
This is a delicous Low Carb Strawberry Lemonade cake that will wow even your non low carb friends. Get a slice of summer with this amazing olive oil cake.
- 2 cups (about 200g) Blanched Almond Flour
- 1 whole (about 70g) Mandarin Orange
- 3/4 cup Golden Monkfruit Extract (Use Code OMGKETO15 save 15%)
- 1/2 Cup Light Tasting Olive Oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 10 drops of Food Grade Lemon Essential Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum
Strawberry Lemonade Frosting
- Combine the wet ingredients together in a food processor and pulse until combined. Add the golden monk fruit sweetener and pulse until combined. Taste and adjust with more lemon oil or vanilla depending on your tastes.
- Add the dry ingredients to the food processor and pulse until combined. Pour the cake batter into the prepared cake pan. The batter will be thick, you may need to use a spatula
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean and when you shake the cake there is no "jiggle" effect. Allow the cake to cool and then slice it in half using a cake cutter or sharp knife. Use the frosting to stick the layers together and then frost the cakes as desired and serve. I frosted my cake to be more of a naked type of cake but feel free to frost according to your own tastes. **note these cakes freeze well when wrapped with plastic wrap.
Strawberry Lemonade Frosting
- Chop the strawberries and place them along with the water, vanilla and lemon oil inside a heavy bottomed saucepan. Bring the water to a boil and let it simmer until the strawberries are soft or about 2 minutes. Allow the strawberry mixture to cool to about room temperature.
- Combine the lard with the Powdered Swerve and mis using a hand mixture for about 1 minute. Add the strawberry mixture to the frosting and combine with the hand mixer for another 2 minutes or until it is pink and tasty. Add more Swerve or Lemon per your own tastes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Hiware 7 Inch Non-stick Springform Pan/Cheesecake Pan/Leakproof Cake Pan Bakeware - Accessories for Instant Pot 6, 8 Qt Pressure Cooker
- Nature's Eats Blanched Almond Flour, 32 Ounce
- Lemon Essential Oil 15ml by Young Living Essential Oils
- Hamilton Beach Food Processor, Slicer and Vegetable Chopper with Compact Storage, 8 Cups (70740), Black
- KitchenAid KHM7210CU 7-Speed Digital Hand Mixer with Turbo Beater II Accessories and Pro Whisk - Contour Silver
- Monk Fruit use code: OMGKETO15 save 15%
Amount Per Serving Calories 293 Total Fat 29.5g Carbohydrates 2.4g Protein 5.1g