Orange Olive Oil Cake: Keto Olive Oil Cake with Orange and Cardamon
Have you ever tried an Orange Olive Oil Cake before? I tried my first Olive Oil Cake last year when I used a recipe from Keto Connect using Coconut Flour and it was awesome. After that I made my own Pumpkin Olive Oil Cake using Almond Flour. I have found Olive Oil Cakes to be extremely moist and delicious. This Orange Olive Oil cake so moist it has quickly become my favorite type of cake to make.
Keto Olive Oil Cake: Baking with Olive Oil
When I read about Olive Oil Cakes for the first time let me tell you I was a bit skeptical. Traditionally olive oil is used in savory dishes but my mind was made up after the first bite. Olive Oil cakes are freaking amazing!
Keto Olive Oil cakes just make sense with the high fat content and low carb almond flour creating a harmonious combination.
Is it a Pound Cake or an Olive Oil Cake?
The texture in the Orange Olive Oil Cake is indeed very similar to the traditional Pound cake. Pound cakes tend to be a bit sweeter as they use a pound of butter instead of olive oil. In order to maintain my dairy free keto lifestyle I love to make low Carb Olive Oil Cakes instead of pound cake.
Different ways to Frost a Keto Cake
For this Orange Cardamom Olive Oil Cake I modified a quick sugar free version of 7 minute frosting. I loved how this sugar free frosting turned out however there are many different way’s to frost a keto cake. Make a glaz out of powdered Erythritol using Butter, Coconut oil or a TBS of Orange Juice. If you are not dairy free then another great way to frost this low carb Olive Oil cake is to whip up some heavy whipping cream and simply plop it right on top. There are endless possibilities with this versatile Keto cake.
Yes, just a hint though and its tasty! The Orange, Cardamon, Vanilla, and Almond create a harmonious flavor combination that you are going to love!
Depending on what you want to do with the Olive oil the answer varies. I love to use a light tasting or light Olive Oil for these Olive Oil cakes because the flavor melds together better.
Yes, Olive Oil Cakes freeze well when prepared and frozen properly. Make sure that the cake has completely cooled before freezing. Wrap the Olive Oil cake in saran wrap two times to insure it does not get freezer burn. Thaw the cakes naturally in the refrigerator when ready to use.
Orange Keto Cake
Oranges are not a common ingredient in low carb cooking due to the high sugar content they contain. It is important to realize that this recipe only used one mandarin orange and the recipe is intended to create 8 servings. Don’t expect to sit down and eat the whole cake and expect to keep your keto macros correct. Moderation is key when making this and other low carb desserts.
Oranges and Cardamon go great together
This recipe calls for one mandarin orange. One ENTIRE mandarin orange. Seriously, just wash it and then toss it into the food processor. The burst of citrus goes extremely well alongside the Cardamom. I added Vanilla and Almond Extract for that extra punch of flavor however they are totally optional.
This low carb Olive Oil Cake is flavored with Orange and Cardamon to create the most moist and delicious Keto cake you will ever taste!
--Orange Cardamom Olive Oil Cake
- 2 cups (about 200g) Blanched Almond Flour
- 1 whole (about 70g) Mandarin Orange
- 3/4 cup Golden Monkfruit Extract (Use Code OMGKETO15 save 15%)
- 1/2 Cup Light Tasting Olive Oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 TBS Cardamom
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Almond Extract
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum
--Sugar Free 7 minute frosting
- 1 Tsp Powdered Monk Fruit Extract
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 egg whites or about 1/4 cup
- 1 tsp Cream of tartar
- Orange Rind
Orange Cardamom Olive Oil Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 inch spring form pan. Note: you can also use a cast iron skillet for this cake.
- Zest the mandarin orange and set the zest aside for later. Place the entire mandarin orange in a food processor and process until it is pureed but still a bit pulpy. Add the Eggs, Vanilla extract, and Almond Extract and combine in the food processor with the orange puree until combined. Pulse in the Olive Oil until combined.
- Add the Almond Flour, baking powder, xanthun gum, salt and cardamom and pulse until combined fully.
- Pour the cake mixture into the prepared cake pan and place inside the oven for 30-35 minutes or until the middle is cooked through. Use a toothpick to check the middle of the olive oil cake. If the toothpick comes out clean without any batter on it then your cake is done. Let the cake cool for a minimum of 20 minutes on the counter before serving.
Sugar Free 7 minute frosting
- Add the water, almond extract, and powdered monkfruit to a heavy bottomed saucepan and set to medium heat.
- Meanwhile using an electric hand mixer combine the egg whites with the cream of tartar until soft peaks form.
- When the water starts to boil, slowly add the water mixture to the soft peak egg whites all the while mixing with the hand mixer. Once you are done pouring whisk for about 5 more minutes until stiff peaks form and the frosting has a glossy sheen to it. Fold in the rind you set aside before to the frosting mixture and then frost your cake as desired.
McCormick Gourmet Organic Ground Cardamom, 1.75 oz
Hiware 9 Inch Non-stick Cheesecake Pan Springform Pan with Removable Bottom/Leakproof Cake Pan Bakeware with Cleaning Cloth
Monk Fruit use code: OMGKETO15 save 15%
KitchenAid KHM7210CU 7-Speed Digital Hand Mixer with Turbo Beater II Accessories and Pro Whisk - Contour Silver
Hamilton Beach Food Processor, Slicer and Vegetable Chopper with Compact Storage, 8 Cups (70740), Black
Nature's Eats Blanched Almond Flour, 32 Ounce
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per ServingCalories 256 Total Fat 25g Carbohydrates 3.2g Protein 6.8g
Mint Chocolate Cupcakes
Mint Chocolate Cupcakes that are low carb and dairy free. Make these amazing cupcakes to celebrate St. Patrick's day or any other day you want a low carb treat.
Low Carb Birthday Cake recipes
More Low Carb Birthday Cake recipes found here!
Easy Strawberry Shortcake
Easy Low Carb Strawberry Shortcake recipe that you can make in minutes. Enjoy this dessert made just for one.
Keto CupcakesContinue Reading
Keto Key Lime Cupcakes
Delicious Keto Key Lime Cupcakes! This recipe makes 12 cupcakes or one cake. If you are going to make a cake instead of cupcakes use a 7 inch spring form pan.
Low Carb Strawberry Muffins are easy to make and delicious. You will never believe these are low carb - they're that good.
Pavlova with Lemon Curd
Sugar Free Pavlova with Lemon Curd with Fresh Berries. Try this delicous desert this holiday season.