Low Carb Lemon Cupcakes
Low Carb Lemon Cupcakes is a refreshing dessert that is not too heavy and for that reason perfect for summer. Keto Cupcakes are a breeze to make due to this easy to follow recipe. These keto cupcakes are moist and dense because they are basically olive oil cupcakes. If cupcakes are not your jam you can always use this recipe to make a double layer 7-inch cake instead. The normal cooking time for these low carb lemon cupcakes is about 25 minutes. In order to make this a cake bake for 35-40 minutes instead.
How to make Low Carb Lemon Cupcakes that are moist
Low Carb Lemon Cupcakes are moist and dense. These cupcakes have a light lemon taste that is not overpowering. The secret to baking with Lemon is to use a bit of the rind in the baking process. The rind adds just a hint of lemon bite which pairs great with the almond flour, olive oil and lemon essential oil in this low carb Lemon Cupcakes recipe.
Baking with Olive Oil
The simplicity to Olive oil cakes is what makes this recipe so easy and versatile. Often with traditional baking you have to melt the coconut oil or bring the butter to room temperature. I love that when making Olive Oil cakes the steps are simply mix the dry ingredients with the wet and finished. This Low Carb Lemon Cupcakes recipe is san olive oil cake and super simple to make just for those reasons.
Yes Olive oil can be used in cakes and cupcakes alike. You can substitute Olive oil for Butter and other oils in most baking recipes without any problem. This recipe for keto lemon cupcakes calls for only 1/2 a cup of oil however it still gets the job done.
Usually you can’t taste any Olive Oil when used in cakes. Olive Oil adds a savory silky texture when baking into cakes or brownies. Be sure to flavor your cakes with citrus or lemon, just like this recipe so that you do not taste the Olive Oil. These Low Carb Lemon Cupcakes do not have any savory lingering left by the Olive oil at all.
I love to use a light tasting Olive Oil for most of my cakes and cupcakes. Certainly do not pick a, Olive Oil that is infused with garlic or spices unless you intend to make the cake savory. For the Low Carb Lemon Cupcakes in this recipe I used simple light tasting olive oil.
Orange Cardamom Olive Oil Cake
This low carb Olive Oil Cake is flavored with Orange and Cardamon to create the most moist and delicious Keto cake you will ever taste!
Strawberry Lemonade Cake
This is a delicous Low Carb Strawberry Lemonade cake that will wow even your non low carb friends. Get a slice of summer with this amazing olive oil cake.
Pumpkin Olive Oil Cake: Sugar, Grain, Coconut & Dairy Free Keto Cake
Low Carb Baking
My favorite low carb sweetener to bake with is Golden Monk fruit Extract. When you bake with Monk fruit you can substitute it into other recipes using a 1:1 ratio with white sugar. Golden Monk fruit has an amazing taste that is sweet and a bit like brown sugar. This recipe for keto lemon cupcakes calls for only 3/4 of a cup of Golden Monk fruit and it is plenty sweet. I have used it in my Strawberry Lemonade cake and Orange Olive Oil Cake recipes in the past and yielded amazing results. If you use Code OMGKETO15 you save 15% off Monk Fruit Sweetener so don’t forget to check that out!
These Low carb Lemon Cupcakes are super low carb and delicious. Everyone will love these keto cupcakes with dairy free frosting.
Low Carb Lemon Cupcake
- 2 cups (about 200g) Blanched Almond Flour
- 3/4 cup Golden Monkfruit Extract (Use Code OMGKETO15 save 15%)
- 1/2 Cup Light Tasting Olive Oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 15 drops of Lemon Essential Oil
- About a TBS of Lemon Rind
Dairy Free Frosting
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare a cupcake pin with cupcake liners. Combine the wet ingredients together in a food processor and pulse until combined. Add the golden monk fruit sweetener and pulse until combined. Taste and adjust with more lemon oil or vanilla depending on your tastes. Fold in the Lemon Zest.
- Add the dry ingredients to the food processor and pulse until combined. Pour the cupcake batter into the prepared cupcake pan. The batter will be thick, you may need to use a spatula
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cupcakes comes out clean and when you shake the cake there is no "jiggle" effect. Allow the cupcakes to cool before frosting.
Dairy Free Frosting
- Chill the coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight and then open into a medium sized bowl. Melt the Cacao butter in the microwave and set aside. Using a hand mixer, beat the coconut milk and essential oil together for several minutes until it starts to fluff up a bit.
- While still mixing the coconut milk add the unflavored gelatin and continue beating for about 7 minutes on high. The frosting should be getting thicker at this point.
- Slowly add the melted Cacao to the frosting while still beating.
- Add the powdered erythritol one tbs at a time and continue to beat until thickened. Add more erythritol if you need it thicker. Chill the frosting for about an hour if it is not thick enough for your liking.
Amount Per Serving Calories 275 Total Fat 27.4g Carbohydrates 3.3g Protein 5.6g
A collection of Keto Cupcakes from all over!
The Best Keto Cheesecake
This really is the best low carb and keto cheesecake. Even my non-keto family proclaimed "This is the best cheesecake I have ever had!"
Keto Key Lime Cupcakes
Delicious Keto Key Lime Cupcakes! This recipe makes 12 cupcakes or one cake. If you are going to make a cake instead of cupcakes use a 7 inch spring form pan.
Mint Chocolate Cupcakes
Mint Chocolate Cupcakes that are low carb and dairy free. Make these amazing cupcakes to celebrate St. Patrick's day or any other day you want a low carb treat.
This Low Carb Healthy Muffins recipe are so easy to make. Your family will never realize they are low carb! That's right, they're that Good!
Low Carb Strawberry Muffins are easy to make and delicious. You will never believe these are low carb - they're that good.