I love anything that has a rainbow on it especially Rainbow Cupcakes!
Before I was eating a keto diet I would just go buy a cake mix to make Rainbow Cupcakes.
I would call them Pride Cupcakes even if I made them for someone’s birthday celebration.
Now that I eat a keto diet I decided to make some Keto Rainbow Cupcakes for all of you who need a little rainbow in your life.
Rainbow Cupcakes are not just for Pride
Make a batch of Keto Rainbow Cupcakes and take them to a Pride party to share with your low carb friends.
These cupcakes are not only great for Pride but for any occasion.
Now that I have this recipe in my pocket I plan on making these for my Girl Scout Troop’s bridging ceremony.
Rainbow Cupcakes with Sugar-Free Frosting
My go-to sugar-free frosting was created for these Keto Red Velvet Cupcakes because it is easy to make.
This keto frosting is very easy to make and it pipes well.
I recommend using a Wilton 2A tip to pipe the keto frosting onto the keto Cupcakes.
Almond Flour Keto Cupcakes
It’s important to use the right kind for Almond Flour when doing any low carb baking.
I prefer Blanched almond flour because it has a finer texture and makes keto baking much prettier.
I purchased Almond Meal and tried to make cupcakes with it and it did not turn out.
If you do have a bag of Almond Meal check out these Healthy Blueberry Muffins using Almond Meal.
Almond Meal has a grittier texture than Almond Flour.
Almond Meal is produced by processing almonds whole with the skin on.
Blanched Almond Flour is Blanched Almonds ground into a fine powder.
The answer to this question is yes.
It is safe to bake with Olive Oil.
I have had great success with baking low carb desserts using Olive oil.
These cupcakes turn out moist and delicious when using olive oil.
Not unless you want the Olive Oil flavor to come through.
Use a light tasting Olive oil for olive oil cakes and don’t forget to add some vanilla extract or other flavorings to the olive oil cupcakes.
Low Carb Rainbow Cupcakes for Pride or any day that you need a little bit of rainbow in your life. So basically every day!
- 2 cups (about 200g) Blanched Almond Flour
- 3/4 cup Golden Monkfruit Extract (Use Code OMGKETO15 save 15%)
- 1/2 Cup Light Tasting Olive Oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 TBS Vanilla Extract
- food coloring
Dairy Free Vanilla Frosting
- 1 can of Coconut Milk (13 oz)
- 6-8 TSBS Powdered Erythritol
- 4 packets of unflavored gelatin
- 3 TBS Melted Cacao Butter
- 1 Tbs Vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare a cupcake pin with cupcake liners. Combine the wet ingredients together in a food processor and pulse until combined. Add the golden monk fruit sweetener and pulse until combined. Taste and adjust with more sweetener or extract according to your taste.
- Add the dry ingredients to the food processor and pulse until combined. Pour the cupcake batter into the prepared cupcake pan. The batter will be thick, you may need to use a spatula
- Portion the batter into 6 small bowls. Mix in the food coloring into each bowl until you reach the desired color. Spoon about 1/2 a teaspoon of each color, layering on top of each other. Smooth out the layers or leave them drop style to create more of a tye-dye effect. Watch the video for details.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cupcakes comes out clean and when you shake the cake there is no "jiggle" effect. Allow the cupcakes to cool before frosting.
Dairy Free Vanilla Frosting
- Chill the coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight and then open into a medium sized bowl. Melt the Cacao butter in the microwave and set aside. Using a hand mixer, beat the coconut milk and vanilla together for several minutes until it starts to fluff up a bit.
- While still mixing the coconut milk add the unflavored gelatin and continue beating for about 7 minutes on high. The frosting should be getting thicker at this point.
- Slowly add the melted Cacao to the frosting while still beating.
- Add the powdered erythritol one tbs at a time and continue to beat until thickened. Add the salt , taste and adjust. Add more erythritol if you need it thicker. Chill the frosting for about an hour if it is not thick enough for your liking
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Monk Fruit use code: OMGKETO15 save 15%
- Rainbow Cupcake Wrappers - 36 Reversible | Unicorn Party Supplies, Cloud Cup Cake Liner Wraps, Airplane Birthday Favor Bag Holders, Wizard of Oz Theme Baby Shower Decor, Hot Air Balloon Decorations
- Nature's Eats Blanched Almond Flour, 32 Ounce
- Wilton 404-304 Professsional Decorating Bag, 16-Inch
- Wilton 402-1001 No. 1A Round Decorating Tip, Multicolor
- Chalier Womens Rainbow Stripe Knee Thigh High Socks Arm Warmer Fingerless Gloves
Amount Per Serving Calories 280Total Fat 27gCarbohydrates 3.8gProtein 5.8g